Octagon is an entry in our Interiors Book 2023.
Octagon: Country & Town Interiors Book 2023
With over 40 years’ experience of building high-quality homes in some of Britain’s most exclusive residential areas, Octagon Developments has an unrivalled reputation for delivering the very best in luxury property. There are three established brands under the award-winning Octagon Group name – Octagon, Octagon Bespoke and Chancery Homes – plus an in-house interior design service, Octagon Interiors. With this comprehensive design service, Octagon Interiors encompasses scene-stealing interior architecture and specification, through to characterful room schemes featuring custom-built furniture, upholstery, striking window treatments, and decorative accessories. The interior team are involved from initial conversations with the architects to the finishing touches on your coffee table.
A magnificent family residence situated on the prestigious St George’s Hill in Weybridge, Surrey, offers one of the first glimpses inside a completed Octagon Interiors property. Spanning in excess of 14,000 sq/ft, with a design brief to create a warm and welcoming, yet luxurious home, the company created a sumptuous space with a clean, sleek and contemporary look. Overall, the colour palette is one that exudes elegance while incorporating new and emerging home trends across the six bedrooms, eight bathrooms and six reception rooms.
The company’s innovative turn-key service has proven invaluable to a growing band of Octagon clients who appreciate the seamless support from the dedicated interiors teams, headed up by Martin Brown for technical architecture and Rachel Hall for design. With all departments and services under one roof, clients save valuable time and expense, and above all, have peace of mind, knowing that their new home is in safe, professional hands. With an expert team and long-standing relationships with the very best suppliers and craftsmen, Octagon prides itself on going the extra mile, offering an exceptional service to clients while focusing on creating bespoke, considered, and exquisite interiors.
Tips, Tricks & Tools
- ‘Use an expensive, statement fabric on the front of cushions, and a more cost-effective plain fabric on the back – it’s rarely seen.’
- ‘Add feature wallpaper to the back of a bookcase and position LED strip lighting at the back of the shelf. This creates an interesting focal point in the room.’
- ‘Include artificial floral and foliage displays on a coffee or dining table. They are very long lasting and require little to no maintenance.’
- ‘Choose bold patterned wallpapers for small spaces such as the downstairs WC. This is a great space to show off to your guests, and probably the most visited room.’
- ‘Add trims to soft furnishings to tie in colour and add detailing to a design. Fringing is a soft, tactile option, and very on trend.’
Secret Address Book
- Fabric: Romo has a fantastic showroom at Chelsea Harbour and is our go-to fabric supplier (romo.com).
- Rugs: We often use Jacaranda’s collection of handwoven Shine rugs (jacarandacarpets.com).
- Architect: Wholesale Creepers Nursery always delivers an exceptionally high service (creepersnursery.co.uk).